We believe our employees are a key reason for our success, and the success of our clientele. After all, we’re in the ’employee’ business. We value the collective strength and knowledge of our employees. In that sense, we look for individuals who want to succeed, who want to grow and make a positive difference in the businesses of our valued clientele through our leading outsourced HR consultancy.
We offer a wide range of employment opportunities in a business casual environment, along with competitive salaries and benefits, at our Corporate Office in Cincinnati, OH and in our Regional Offices throughout the United States.
Sheakley’s employee benefits rank in the top five percent in the Cincinnati area for having one of the richest benefits packages when compared to other organizations our size.
The HR Administrative Assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR Administrative Assistant carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, organization development, executive administration, and employment, contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide a high level of customer service to our clients and their employees. Sheakley HR Solutions provides HR to multiple small and medium sized companies. The Administrative Assistant must be able to multi task and work independently. Must have a good attention to detail and must be able to handle a variety of HR situations simultaneously. The Administrative Assistant helps with the implementation of services, policies, and programs through HR staff.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Posting jobs and screening resumes;
- Performance management and improvement tracking systems;
- Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping;
- Assisting with employee relations;
- Client communication facilitation and participation;
- Client and employee communication;
- Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping;
- Setting up PTO plans within HRIS system;
- Maintaining employee files and the HR filing system;
- Assisting with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office.
- Audit and reconcile wide range of personnel actions and payroll documents for employees.
- Process employee data (new hires, changes, additional earnings)
- Process employee Time & Attendance data from the Time system to payroll and reconcile variances utilizing tools in the Time and payroll systems.
- Ensure that all clients’ payrolls are processed timely, accurately, and compliantly.
- Assist employees in registering for or resetting access to online portal.
- Provide customer service to employees: in the area of pay, benefits and taxes as they relate to their pay, how to enter time or time off , where to locate forms and information on company’s intranet, where to send completed forms, who to contact for benefit questions and how to obtain IRS instructions on withholding issues
- Understand all aspects of payroll in regards to payroll laws and regulations
- New hire implementation including online onboarding
- Employment Verifications
- FMLA and COBRA Compliance
- Respond to and handle Unemployment Hearings
- Process employee terminations
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- HR related experience preferred but not required
- Excellent Computer Skills
- Customer Service skills required
- Experience working with multiple companies
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure
- Must be detailed oriented
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Excellent project management skills.
- Well-built skills in organization, prioritization and time management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little supervision and able to demonstrate considerable initiative.
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with others to build consensus and rapport.
- Capable of writing reports, procedures and business correspondence.
- Demonstrate ability to solve problems, analyze systems and data and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Work under stress to meet project deadlines and attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated individual.
Physical & Mental Demands:
- Ability to lift, file, reach and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.