We believe our employees are a key reason for our success, and the success of our clientele. After all, we’re in the ’employee’ business. We value the collective strength and knowledge of our employees. In that sense, we look for individuals who want to succeed, who want to grow and make a positive difference in the businesses of our valued clientele through our leading outsourced HR consultancy.
We offer a wide range of employment opportunities in a business casual environment, along with competitive salaries and benefits, at our Corporate Office in Cincinnati, OH and in our Regional Offices throughout the United States.
Sheakley’s employee benefits rank in the top five percent in the Cincinnati area for having one of the richest benefits packages when compared to other organizations our size.
The Payroll Tax Specialist will provide support to Sheakley’s payroll tax service clients. Follow and complete workflows, client escalations and resolutions to ensure client satisfaction. Under the supervision of the Tax Compliance Manager, performs daily functions of the payroll tax department. The position is responsible for the resolution of system and customer service issues, reviewing new client setups for tax compliance and funds collection, assisting with filing of required quarterly and annual tax return filing. System setup for tax filing and payment compliance to ensure accuracy. Payment of funds collected to the tax authorities timely.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Makes all tax payments according to the daily due date report.
- Reports payroll tax issues to Manager for instructions to assist with resolution.
- Coordinates documentation for clients to clear tax issues and ensures the notice and resolution are recorded in ANTS.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly and annual payroll tax reporting before established deadlines.
- Balances liabilities and verifies collection of prior taxes to be paid.
- Setup of taxation in payroll software to ensure system will produce accurate payments and reports for tax filings. Ensures tax setup of new clients is accurate.
- Assist Client Services with research for client requests regarding state and local taxation.
- Completes special projects and coordinates Manager on progress
- System Federal, State and Local setup verification for client agency account statuses
- Reviews software updates with Manager, performs and documents testing
- Performs all duties in compliance with internal procedures, external regulations and brings compliance issues to the attention the Manager.
- Continuing education with American Payroll Association to maintain knowledge of current payroll tax regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 1 Year of payroll tax payment and/or filing experience.
- Proficient attention to detail and organization skills.
- Advanced excel and payroll software skills
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Available to work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays plus occasional Saturdays
Education and Experience
- Minimum H.S. diploma/GED equivalent
- College degree preferred but not required
- Payroll Service Bureau experience preferred
- MasterTax Software experience preferred
- Multi-state and multi-client local taxation experience preferred
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Excel, Office) Outlook, Evolution Payroll and/or MasterTax software (preferred, but not required) or other payroll software experience
- Strong client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable working in a performance-based and structured environment with demonstrating high ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply basic concepts in new situations
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment, as well as work independently and make sound decisions
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.