The Human Resources Consultant is responsible for maintaining client and work site employee relations on a day-to-day basis for assigned PEO clients. The Human Resources Consultant must provide high quality HR services that are responsive, accurate, and professional.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handle all HR issues for assigned clients
- New Hires
- Benefit Enrollment
- Disciplinary Actions
- Provide Accurate HR Advice
- Ensure that clients are compliant with all employment laws
- Create policies and procedures
- Create employee handbooks
- Track Eligibility for benefits
- All COBRA compliance
- ALL FMLA Compliance
- Conduct client expectation meetings with assigned new clients
- Ensure that on boarding of new client is handled timely and accurately
- Conduct employee enrolment meetings and facilitate employee on boarding
- Conduct all employee benefit meetings, coordinate with brokers, and handle all open enrollments
- Ensure that all documentation is obtained from new employees and clients to ensure compliance
- Ensure that there is an employee handbook (at least our basic Sheakley one) during the enrollment
- Explain benefits and enroll employee’s into the proper benefit plans
- Set up and maintain benefits in HRP
- Set up and maintain vacation and PTO in HRP
- “Touch” all assigned clients on a periodic basis
- Ensure that all client employee handbooks are kept updated
- Provide ongoing assistance and training as needed/requested
- Handle all employee relations for each assigned clients
- Handle all unemployment related correspondence and hearings and communicate with clients
- Keep updated on all HR changes to regulations/laws, etc. and communicate when appropriate to clients
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as an HR Generalist.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree and PHR preferred
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and an attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Office Suite and HRIS knowledge)
- Payroll knowledge and/or experience is required
Skills, Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- PHR or 5-10 years’ experience working as HR Generalist
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY: It is our policy to seek and employ the best qualified personnel and to provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees, including upgrading, promoting and training and to administer these activities in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.